If you are clicking on the login link but you cannot get a login screen, please check the following:
- Make sure that you can view secure pages. If clicking on the login link gives you a "Page cannot be displayed" error, you are unable to access secure (SSL) sites. If this is the case, ask your network administrator for help. If you do not have a network administrator, contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Check your Internet connection. If you cannot view other web pages, such as http://www.google.co.uk/, then you will be unable to connect to All Community.
If you can view the login screen but your username and password do not work, check the following:
- Make sure you have your CAPS LOCK switched off. Usernames and passwords are case sensitive, so "PASSWORD" and "password" will be seen as different passwords.
- Please make sure you type your login details 'as is' sent by our confirmation e-mail. If you copy them there is a chance that the details can have a 'space' or a 'tab' added before or after the copied characters. Passwords can be changed after you have logged in by going to "User administration" from the main menu.
- If you get your password wrong three times in a row, your account will be locked for one hour as a security precaution. If this happens, you will be notified by email. Simply wait an hour before trying again.
- If you have forgotten your password, click on the "Reset Password" button on the login screen. This will allow your password to be reset, providing you know your username.
- Your account may have expired. Our staff will try to contact you before this happens, but if your contact details were out of date, we may have been unable to do so.
If you are still having problems, see if any of the following describe what you are experiencing:
- You can log in, and get to the Main Menu, but clicking on any option takes you back to the login screen
Your web browser does not have cookies enabled. You must have cookies switched on to use All Community.
- Occasionally, while in the middle of editing pages, you get dropped back to the login screen
Your Internet connection may go via several different "proxy servers" - machines which fetch pages on your behalf. Some networks use multiple proxy servers, even for secure web pages, and this can cause problems with session tracking. Please contact our support team if you are experiencing this problem - or try using a different Internet Service Provider.
- You logged in to All Community, then did something else for a while, and when you came back All Community logged you out
Your login session timed out. Sessions which are inactive are timed out after 30 minutes for security reasons. Simply log in again and continue where you left off.
If none of the above is of any help, please contact our technical support team during our normal working hours (Mon-Fri 09:00-17:30 UK time). Be prepared to describe exactly what steps you are taking, what you are seeing, and what you expected to see instead.